GEF 21st Century Classroom Redesign Grant
Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, GEF is pleased to be able to offer a complete classroom redesign grant (one available) to an educator that is seeking to implement and expand active learning initiatives by leveraging flexible seating/student centered learning space.
- One (1) Grant worth over $85,000 in time, materials, products, labor and resources will be awarded.
- Eligible Classrooms: High School Only ~ Grades 9 – 12
- Includes Furniture, Flooring, Paint, Millwork, LED Lighting, In-class Technology – (restrictions will apply, and will be based upon final design and approval).
- All applications are scored through a blind read and the applicant that meets all the requirements and has the highest score will be awarded the grant.
- Grant Application Opens Online at www.gefaz.org , Monday, November 27, 2017
- Grant Closes January 31, 2018
- Grant Recipient announced Monday, March 5, 2018
- Design Meetings March – April 2018
- Classroom Redesign May – July 2018
Steelcase furniture has provided research regarding flexible seating and active learning spaces. Examples of flexible seating/active learning classrooms and other information can be found by clicking on the links below. (These are examples only; grant winner will work with Orcutt I Winslow, Architects and Atmosphere Commercial Interiors/Steelcase to design a customized classroom for their educational environment and curriculum.)
Atmosphere Interiors/Steelcase is donating furniture from the following product lines: Steelcase Verb, Steelcase Node, Campfire and Thread. Below are links to the product brochures to give you an idea of what will be used in the classroom redesign.
Any questions? Please email: Theresa Dootson, GEF Executive Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org .