2018-2019 Innovation Grant Application
Program Overview:We have made a few changes this year in hopes that our grants provide a larger impact throughout our district.
- We are awarding larger “campus or department” grants rather than individual teacher grants (individual teachers can
still apply, however only one award per campus will be awarded and need to follow all the guidelines).
- Only one grant can be awarded per school or department; however, there is no limit to the number of applications
accepted. (Total number of grants awarded will be decided based on funds available)
- Grant maximum: $5,000
- Grant minimum: $1,500
- Grant must be spent before the end of the 2018-2019 academic year or money will be forfeited.
- Grants requests cannot be made for items already funded by the District.
- If the grant only covers a portion of the money needed, you must indicate where the balance of the funds will be
secured if not already on hand.
- All applications must be approved/discussed with your principal or supervisor prior to submitting.
- All grants requesting technology will be reviewed by GPS Tech Services prior to award to ensure compatibility and
compliance with GPS District technology policies.
- Any duplicate applications will be rejected. Please submit only ONE (1) application for a joint project.
- Grants are scored through a blind read by GEF Board members and volunteers. Grants can be scored a maximum of
100 points. The maximum points available for each question are shown at the end of the scored questions to help
guide you. Questions with no points listed are for our information only but do not impact your overall grant score.
Grant Closing Date: November 19, 2018
Grant Award Winners Announcement: December 17, 2018
Questions: email: TheresaDootson@gefaz.org or call (480) 239.5117